Bikini & Brazilian Waxing in SLO
The Intimate Details
Choosing Your Style
Basic Bikini Wax
Take care of that hair that may sneak outside your panty line on both the sides and the top. This is just a simple tidy up to get you swimsuit-ready. This is a good place to start for first-timers. You will be given waxing panties to change in to in order to respect your modesty and avoid getting any wax on your undergarments.
Bikini Plus Wax
This is the Basic Bikini plus a little extra! Leave a landing strip, triangle or whatever you’d like. We recommend going bare bottom for this service… So if you’re feeling shy, we recommend sticking with a basic bikini wax until you’re comfortable.
Go totally bare (or leave a little behind) with this brazilian wax service. Remove all hair from down there, including between your butt cheeks. It will get up close and personal, but our waxing pros will walk you through the process.
Preparing for Your Wax Appointment
Hair length is easiest between 1/4″ – 1/2″ Even with this great wax, your esthetician needs to get the wax to the surface of your skin, otherwise we’re just tugging. And that will be a terrible experience for both of you. 1/8″ of growth is still doable, but understanding growth cycles you want to come in every 4-6 weeks, not every 2-3 weeks.
During Your Wax
* Disposable undies if you are only doing the basic bikini. This is where the leg creases naturally by the pubic area, and just above the pubic bone for a clean, even look. Your legs may be positioned in what looks like a number 4. Your esthetician may also roll the disposable undies down from the top to apply the wax to the area you want removed.
* With Bikini Plus and Brazilian Waxes, expect to be waxed while completely bare. This is so your esthetician does not get wax on your clothes, and disposable undies will just get in the way of clean lines. Bikini Plus comes towards the midline more than the basic, but does not go all the way to the middle, or around the back. We leave that for the Brazilian.
* Your esthetician will put something on your skin to assist in the removal. Whether it is a kind of protecting oil, or a talc-free powder. She will also put something on afterwards to assist in removing any remaining wax, and to calm the skin. (Learn more about why SLOCO’s eco-friendly waxing services are unique.)
* You may be positioned in a number 4, or asked to be foot-to-foot with knees out. This is sometimes called a “frog” position, or “goddess” pose. It can also feel the most revealing and awkward for those not used to it. However, it is the easiest position to get the wax where it needs to be.
* Brazilians are everything front to back. (You can leave something on top of the pelvis if you like. A triangle, a strip, a lightning bolt…) That’s all the way towards the middle over the labia major, and around the back. Anatomy dictates that area as the “anus,” some people call it the back, the behind, the undercarriage–all are valid, all mean the same thing.
You are going for hairless, and your esthetician wants to do this right, so you may be positioned with knees towards your chest, or on your side with knees towards your chest. Your help may be enlisted! You may be asked to lift a cheek.
There’s no reason to be embarrassed by this. We guarantee estheticians are not looking at body parts during hair removal, they are looking at hair; where it is, and what direction it’s growing in. The instant result of “now you see it, now you don’t” with waxing is the goal, am I right?
Intimate Waxing FAQs
How much time does a Brazilian Wax take?
If this is your first time in, expect to spend up to 40 minutes at your appointment. On average, maintenance brazilian wax appointments will take about 20-30 minutes.
Can I get waxed while I am on my period?
Yes, but just know that your skin may be more sensitive 3 days before and 3 days after your cycle. We just ask that you wear a fresh tampon, and know that there could be a little extra sting during that time of the month.
Can I have sex the same day I get waxed?
Although it may be tempting to show off your newly groomed look, it is best to wait 24 hours, as friction and perspiration can aggravate the skin. During the first 24 hours after your waxing, the hair follicle is most susceptible to bacteria so it is best to keep it clean and dry in order to avoid ingrown hairs or folliculitis.
How long will it take for the hair to grow back?
Everyone’s hair regrowth cycle is different and unique to them. Some clients won’t have to come back for 6 weeks, whereas others may need to come in every 3 weeks or so. We recommend coming in every 3-5 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows.
Can I get waxed while I'm pregnant?
Most definitely! We love to help out our soon to be Mama’s. However, the blood vessels are more dilated during pregnancy and your skin is more sensitive, so extra precautions should be taken. If this is your first waxing experience, you may want to try a bikini wax first, just to test how sensitive your skin is. Our estheticians will make sure you are as comfortable as possible during this treatment.
Am I too old to get a brazilian?
You’re never too old to experience smooth, beautiful skin!